Those who care for the sick or injured, whether they are professional caregivers or not, can learn to improve the care they provide while safeguarding their own well-being.
Thursday, Nov. 14, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Family Bible Church, 2760 Heller Road
Oak Harbor, WA 98277
Registration is just $10 and includes a healthy box lunch.
Register online: Here
The Conference Will Include
- A keynote address by former family caregiver and Whidbey General Hospital Chief Nursing Officer Linda Gipson, PhD, RN (right).
- Michele Renninger, RN, director of Community Outreach at Whidbey General, will speak on medication safety.
- Debra Metz, director of the Nutrition Program for Senior Services of Island County, and Nancy Martineau of Camano Island Senior Services, will talk about creating simple menus and quick, healthy snacks.
- Whidbey General EMS pramedic Robert May will talk about fall prevention.
- Suzanne Turner, RN, with Island County Public Health, will address self-care for the caregiver.
- An appearance by Dr. Stumblemore, the Hospital Caring Clown.
- Valuable resources and information to help you better care for yourself and your loved one
- A chance to meet other caregivers.
- Door prizes!
- Advance registration strongly recommended. Call 360-321-1600, ext. 29 or email Hestia Laitala. You may also register online here.
- Registration on the day of the conference begins at 8:30 a.m.; program starts at 9:30.
- If your loved one needs a caregiver so that you may attend this event, please contact Senior Information and Assistance for a list of providers at 360-321-1600, ext. 27 (South Whidbey) or 360-675-0311 (Oak Harbor).
- Some scholarship support is available.
- Transportation is available from the Bayview Senior Center. Call 360-279-2555.