Volunteer Opportunities Abound at Hospital
Walt Cartwright and Lynn Sullivan are among the more than 120 individuals who volunteer a combined 15,000 hours per year at Whidbey General.
Want to make a difference in your community?
Looking for an outlet for your talents, energy or cheerful personality?
Interested in helping others?
Volunteering at Whidbey General may be just what you are looking for!
Since 1970, Whidbey General has been committed to improving the health and well-being of our island community through local, high quality, compassionate healthcare.
Volunteers have always been an integral part of our team. Every day, volunteers offer their talents and support in various roles throughout our hospital.
We offer many fulfilling opportunities to match a wide range of interests, skills and abilities.
Typical volunteer openings include:
- Front desk reception
- Gift shop (no prior sales experience required)
- General office assistance in different departments
You must have an interest in serving others and in making a difference in our community. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and willing to commit to four hours per week for a minimum of six months.
- Download the application form (paper copies are available upon request).
- Email or mail your completed application to Nancy Bailey, manager of Volunteer Services, who will then arrange an interview with you. See Nancy's contact information below.
- Take a current tuberculosis (TB) test, which is available in our Employee Health Department free of charge.
- Attend a 90-minute new volunteer orientation.
Learn more by contacting Nancy Bailey, manager of Volunteer Services at 360-678-7656, ext. 3246 or 360-321-7656, ext. 3246. Or email email@example.com.
Applications may be mailed to:
Whidbey General Hospital
101 North Main Street
Coupeville, WA 98239-3413
Thank you for your interest in volunteering!