Heart of a Woman
Cardiac disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. Whidbey General Hospital is helping reduce the risk of heart disease in our community by offering Heartwise cholesterol, blood sugar and triglyceride screenings.
These screenings are available at no charge to Whidbey Island women with a financial need, thanks to the Heart of a Woman Program, which is sponsored by Soroptimist International of Coupeville, Oak Harbor and South Whidbey in partnership with Whidbey General.
Screenings are offered Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings at Whidbey General.
Screening consists of:
- Complete cholesterol test (Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, TC/HDL Ratio, Triglycerides)
- Fasting blood sugar
- Blood pressure and heart rate
- Body Mass Index/Waist Hip Ratio
- A 10-year estimated risk-projection of developing heart disease or stroke (based on the Framingham Study)
- Cardiac risk factor consultation with a registered nurse
Lab results are obtained within 10 minutes.
Please fast for 12 hours before your appointment or eight hours if you are diabetic.
If you want to schedule an appointment, please contact the Life Center and mention the Heart of a Woman program.
Call 360-321-7656 ext. 2130 or 360-678-7656 ext. 2130.
The Heart of a Woman program is supported by the annual Red Dress Ball, an event presented by the Whidbey Island chapters of Soroptimist International.