What is Pulmonary Wellness?
- It is an individualized approach to help gain control of your breathing.
- It offers education about lung problems, medications, breathing techniques, and nutrition.
- It helps you improve your strength and endurance through a monitored exercise program.
- It offers tips and techniques to handle stress, anxiety and shortness of breath.
- It could even help you reduce your visits to the hospital for breathing problems.
- It is frequently referred to as Pulmonary Rehab.
Education sessions are every Tuesday and Thursday for 1/2 hour.
Exercise sessions are Tuesday and Thursday for one hour.
Please call 360-678-7656, ext. 2130 or 360-321-7656, ext. 2130 for class times.
Diagnoses Covered May Include
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) - Chronic Bronchitis, Emphysema
- Alpha 1 Antitrypsen Deficiency
- Asthma/Asthmatic Bronchitis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Restrictive Lung Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Before and After Lung Transplantation
Medicare and other insurance plans often pay for all or a portion of this program.
How to Enroll
Ask your doctor for a referral for Pulmonary Wellness at Whidbey General Hospital or contact us for more information at: 360-678-7656, ext. 2130 or 360-321-7656, ext. 2130.